I feel like this year is going too fast and that I have achieved too little.
I feel like I am stagnant. Like I am not achieving anything.
I have hopes and dreams but I can’t see how to make them become a reality.
I think that I should stop worrying and instead start focusing on the small things again.
When I turned 29 last year I made a list of things I wanted to complete before my 30th birthday. Some things I won’t be able to do because of timing (pick strawberries and re-start dragon boating) and to be honest I don’t mind! But I do think it would be fun to revisit the list and make a bit of a concerted effort to work my way through it. Who knows, by putting myself out there and by having fun doing these small things, I may start to figure out the bigger picture…
- Have a dinner party - had an Indian dinner party February 2014
- Knit a scarf
- Run in a 5 km race
- Learn to surf
- Go horse riding
- Go on a vineyard tour - winetasting in Waiheke December 2013
- Go to a ballet
- Go on a road trip
- Start swimming again - started swimming in January 2014
- Do a photography course
- Start learning Spanish
- Go on at least 3 weekend trips to somewhere new - The Cotswolds August 2013, India November-December 2013
- Start dragon boating again
- Get a facial
- Start a vege garden
- Go strawberry picking
- And then make some strawberry jam
- Read at least 3 non-fiction books - The Power Of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Go to the theatre in NZ
- Go black water rafting
- Go white water rafting
- Try 3 new foods -Quinoa, Umbles (aka offal, aka that time I ate duck’s heart), half of the food I tried in India!!
- Make it into a newspaper/magazine/online publication for something
- Volunteer somewhere for at least a day
- Go to 5 gigs - Laura Marling October 2013, Bruce Springsteen March 2014
- Buy and wear a pair of high heels - Bought heels in August, finally wore them February 2014
- Try crossfit at least once
- To write out and complete my London bucket list - the list was written out but only half completed… this means that I will just have to go back to the UK!
- To be the best version of myself